We will create a record for laws named in documents, so long as we have enough information to go forward.
Laws can be stubs which are placeholders, a way to make this law discoverable on the web, until we are able to put together more information on them. Once we have time to create a more detailed biography, they are converted to full identifications.
Stubs should contain as much information as you can easily locate.
Stubs should have data in the following DC fields:
- title name - start with country, then the law and specific section if known
- creator - Country
They may also have data in:
And in Item Type Metadata:
- birthdate - date law passed
- birthplace - Country
- deathdate - date law repealed or amended
- biographical_text - Summary of the law's impact.
- text - Transcription of the law's text.
Use decades, country, laws
Place the law was passed.