Dublin Core Metadata fields
For more detail on the Dublin Core metadata standard see http://dublincore.org. Here we focus on the way that we are using these fields for BCI, in order to ensure consistent data entry and search results.
Elements in Use
- The BCI staff member or volunteer who entered, edited, or proofread the item.
- Cities, states, and other geographical units smaller than countries.
- The person or organization that is responsible for the content of the item
- The date that the item was created.
- A short description of the item.
- The file format of the item
- An unambiguous reference to the item (document number, reel frame, etc.)
- The language in which the document was written.
- If published, the publisher of a document item
- A pointer to a related resource in BCI
- A statement for the reader of the rights status of the item.
- The archival collection, published work, etc. that an item comes from
- Specific topics associated with the item, see tag for disambiguation
- A name by which the item or resource is known
- The type of item
- Topic-based keywords from a defined list, see subject for diambiguation
- Address or geo-coordinates for the item.